Thursday, 28 February 2013

MAC & Urban Decay Haul


Hi my lovelies! I’ve been a bit late with my next post, but here it is nonetheless! Today, I’m comin’ atcha with my first haul...and one predictably is of course going to be MAC. I also picked up two new Urban Decay limited edition eye shadow palettes, which I will most likely do another in depth review on. They are both absolutely gorgeous, can’t wait to see what you guys will think of them. I hope you like this haul; please let me know what you think of these haul/review type things!


So, anyways, I think payday should just never arrive for me because all I get paid just goes on makeup...as was the case today.

If you didn’t know already from my last post, I am a MAC fanatic. I just adore their products. They are fantastic quality and a few essentials are definitely worth investing in. I walked in today, to pick up one lipstick that I actually saw my best friend wearing this morning and it looked absolutely stunning on her, so I thought I’d try it. Just the one lipstick. What happens? I walk out with 3 lipsticks, a blush and a highlighter. The highlighter, to be fair, I did want for a while so I thought I would pick it up today. The blush? I didn’t REALLY need it, I just got it. Some of you might think that’s a waste of money, but like I say I just love MAC and I felt like a slight change from my original blush colour so I picked up another. So here’s the list of all the products.

 Lipsticks: ‘Please Me’, ‘Shanghai Spice’ (this is the one I saw on my friend – special mention going out for her lol ) & ‘Twig’, Blush: ‘Desert Rose’ & Highlighter: Mineralize SkinFinsh in ‘Soft and Gentle’.

All the lipsticks are quite muted, natural everyday shades. Well, as ‘natural’ as lipstick shades get. I have many bright coloured lipsticks, so these will do me fine on the ‘natural’ front for the time being.
 
FROM LEFT TO RIGHT: 'Please Me', 'Shanghai Spice' & 'Twig'

‘Please me’ is a matte finish, and is a really pretty rose tinted baby pink shade which has a pigmented colour.
 
'Please Me'

‘Shanghai Spice’ is a crème sheen finish and this is more on the nude side. It is more a nude with a orangey undertone and very discreet gold shimmer all the way through. Can’t wait to wear this shade. 
 
'Shanghai Spice'
 
‘Twig’ is a satin finish and a browny pink, very similar to ‘Brave’ which I already have. This has a sheerer finish than the other two, so you can apply it more heavy handed to achieve a deeper colour. Also, it’s not one of the most popular shades out there and hardly anyone mentions it in the fashion/beauty world. But I swatched this in store and it really is a gorgeous colour. The colour would work beautifully for deeper, tanned skinned tones because it looks like a rosy nude pink, if you wanted to go for a ‘your lips but better colour’.
 
'Twig'

The Blush ‘Desert Rose’ is a matte finish and again highly pigmented, a little will go along way with this. I wouldn’t say it was a buildable colour, a light wash of this and you have the perfect rosy cheeks for a flushed and healthy look.
 
'Desert Rose'

And finally, for this excessively detailed MAC haul, a highlighter that pretty much everyone had raved about. It is the ‘Mineralize SkinFinsh in ‘Soft and Gentle’. Again, not a lot is needed with this product, just across the top of the cheek bones, above the brow and down the nose. It has a pinky, champagne colour with a hell-uva lot of shimmer!  This is the perfect product to give you that Kim Kardashian –esque glow!
 
Mineralise SkinFinish 'Soft and Gentle'

Urban Decay – I picked up the two new palettes which were released in respect of the new and upcoming movie ‘Oz the Great and Powerful’ which is out on Friday 8th March. I really am so excited for this movie, looks fantastic.

I am just going to add some pictures to show you what they look like and will post a more indepth review of this in the next blog post, so stay tuned!
 

Hope you’ve enjoyed this week’s post...leave any comments, questions, queries below.

Much Love,
Bxxx
DISCLAIMER: All pictures are taken by myself, unless stated otherwise.

3 comments:

  1. you've got some gorgeous new make up to play with, would love to see reviews :)
    laura x
    http://ilikecrayonsxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you! watch this space, the next post is the review im currently writing! hope you like it. & thanks again for your feedback xx

      Delete
  2. The information in your blog is very informative. Keep up the good work. WLCI School of Fashion offers various courses and programmes in fashion courses, which are very interactive and prepares students for real fashion world.
    To Know More Information Visit:
    http://www.wlcifashion.in/

    ReplyDelete